The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard was developed by the big credit card companies like Visa and MasterCard as a way to safeguard customer card information from hacking and other security vulnerabilities.
Being PCI compliant ensures a provider uses the highest standards of security possible for the storing, processing and transmitting of cardholder data. We’re proud to say is recognised as a PCI compliant provider.
In accordance with the PCI Security Council (2010), PCI is "a global security standard for all companies and organizations that process, store or transact card holder details".
The goals of the standard include:
- Build and maintain a secure network.
- Protect cardholder details.
- Maintain a vulnerability management program.
- Implement strong access control measures.
- Regularly monitor and test networks.
- Maintain an information security policy.